Piece description from the artist
Bare Branches is essentially a drawing using acrylic paint and texture media with fine tipped pigment ink pens on canvas. Much of the canvas is bare except for the primer. It is still archival. Some people really don't like bare canvas – if this is you, this probably isn't the right painting/drawing for you.
The subject is winter trees. The style plays with negative spaces and neutral colors. Coarse textured media were used as neutral colors, along with white paint and inks.
A pure black and white painting brings out the subtle colors and tones of the various substances used to make black and white pigments. In Bare Branches "white" takes on blue and gold tones, while blacks range from blue violet to reddish. The rough graininess of the texturizing gels suggests textures in the wood and emphasizes the shape of each brushtroke. Fine line details in archival ink with a felt-tipped pen help create and maintain the patterns of fine branches. Other fine line details abstract bark textures.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 12.0"
- acrylic and ink on canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.