Piece description from the artist
Forgotten America is what interests me as an artist. My passion lies within exploring the unknown or the ignored, and capturing it before it disappears forever.
I have always been drawn to textured surfaces and the patinas that evolve over time on the exteriors and interiors of abandoned buildings, to historic structures that are being renovated, and to the Mom & Pop stores that have not changed since they opened decades before. I’ve been determined to capture those moments in time before urban developers erase and take over their DNA forever. Time is of the essence and time is a huge factor in trying to document these structures and neighborhoods that have a certain and unique character separate from other areas of their city. This is what’s frustrating as you see the diversity being replaced by a more uniform design and feel which loses its original intent and purpose.
Traveling back and forth to New York, Philadelphia and other smaller urban pockets, you can see the acceleration of this madness and often hear the same comments from people not identifying with there environment who express concern and say “this is not my city anymore.”
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 40.0" x 30.0"
- oil on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.