Piece description from the artistAs time goes by, the spaces wear, fade, and collect more advertisements; developing a design of texture, color, and line. Thus, the elements of art naturally appear in our surroundings through many contributing endeavors. I feel it is important to display the natural processes inherent in the subject; as a result the work is straight digital photography with limited amount of work done in Photoshop. The content of the Surfaces Series opens a discussion on the issues of western culture and the urban lifestyle. I find that much of urban living involves dealing with an overload to the senses and invasive space, but it is also important to look at the attention that people give to advertisements and our surroundings. The commercialism and decay that I once saw as disrespectful to space, I now see as a story of the space and an evolution of aesthetics. Throughout shooting this series, I have been too many different urban environments in the United States and Europe. Every city offered its own style and process, and yet they are connected by how people care for these public spaces.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 18.0" x 24.0"
- Digital C-Print on Black Sytrene
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.