27 Likes, 2 Comments, 1 Share
Piece description from the artist
My work focuses on how people view each other. It can be through a variety of lenses such as culture, gesture, or a stage of life. To capture the mixture of appearance and perception, I use two layers. The first layer is the portrait, the appearance of the person. Over the surface of my subjects I add a layer of small iconic shapes. With each series I take a different approach to continue exploring what influences our understanding of each other. Depending on the series, these shapes can reflect the subject’s interests, what they are thinking, or a characteristic that links them to a larger group. In separating the way a person looks from how I view them I show the distance we have to overcome when interacting and understanding with one another.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 28.0" x 31.0"
- Ink on Glassine/Acrylic and Oil on Panel
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.