Piece description from the artist
One World Trade Center is the main building of the new World Trade Center complex in Lower Manhattan. On the site of the original 6 World Trade Center, it became the tallest building in New York City on April 30, 2012 – surpassing the height of the Empire State Building. At a total height of 1,776 feet (a direct reference to the signing of the Declaration of Independence), it is currently the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere, and the fourth tallest in the world. The design is a collaboration from Master Site Planner Daniel Libeskind of Studio Libeskind (New York) and a building re-design by David Childs of the famed Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (Chicago). 1WTC includes sustainable architecture and much of the building’s structure and interior is built from recycled materials. Around 80% of the tower’s waste products are recycled and the building implements a rainwater collection and recycling scheme for its cooling systems. It is expected to receive the LEED Gold Certification making it one of the most environmentally sustainable skyscrapers in the world. The World Trade Center is principally owned by The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, and the first office tenant, Condé Nast, began moving into their new headquarters in November of 2014. The three-story One World Observatory opened Memorial Day Weekend of 2015.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 16.0" x 20.0"
- Digital Photograph
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.