Piece description from the artist
Like the rest of my work in this series, high-voltage electricity was used to burn organic patterns into this piece. The burn patterns make up the tree portion, blossoming out of the right tower, and the black lines of the flag in the background. This painting began as an expression of masculinity, but what started as basic geometric forms soon developed into a complex iconography. In this way, the qualities of the painting are emergent, in that I try and take the role of the outside viewer looking to the piece for semantic content. Classical, oriental painting forms have always been a big inspiration to me. In this painting there is a clear reference to Chinese watercolor techniques and Japanese woodblock styles. The symbolism can also be linked to an "eastern" sensibility, demonstrating how such a catastrophe can be fertile ground for growth.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 36.0"
- Gouache, Acrylic, and High-voltage electricity
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.