Piece description from the artist
Tree of Life no 5. Acrylic with texture gels (acrylic media) on canvas measuring 18 × 18 inches. The tree motif is used in a variety of contexts to symbolize and represent branched structures, heredity, relatedness and interconnectivity. The tree is a powerful symbol of interdependence and ecological order. Actual trees not only symbolize the ecology, they are also very important actors in preserving balance on earth. Here the state of the tree symbol is used to represent a danger to actual trees. The tree/ tree symbol is damaged, with disappearing small branches. Pumice infused acrylic soft gel medium and other textured acrylic media were used to create an ashy, fragile appearance in the tree form while at the same time rendering it 3-D and substantial. The swirling reds and yellows in the background underscore the feeling of heat and danger.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 18.0" x 18.0"
- acrylic on canvas - with pumice, sand, and other texturizing media
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.