Piece description from the artist
Gentile, Italian born, began his career as a graphic designer in Milan, Italy. He moved to the Boston area in the late 1960's and began painting full time in the early 1970's. Gentile currently paints in his studio adjacent to his house in Lynnfield, Massachusetts, where he lives with his wife, Ruth. His most recent work combines collage, Photoshop, and painting. The paintings vary in size, from 2 × 2 feet to the largest work; a group of 15 canvases measuring over 6 × 10 feet. Gentile's use of bold warm colors can be traced back to his Italian roots, while his work with computers is representative of today's tech-savvy audience. Gentile paints fractured areas of magazine collage peeking through a layer of color applied in Photoshop. This technique allows the viewer to identify subjects in the collage, but only if they take the time to look between the abstraction.
By Art Critic Charles Giuliano, Professor of art history, School of Art and Design at Suffolk University in Boston, MA.
The initial response to the paintings is their apparent abstraction. One is absorbed by the play of high chroma colors, areas of bright red and yellow that with heat and energy push away from the supporting surface toward the viewer. …..
By Italian Art Critic Antonio Gasbarrini
It is not easy to enter into Gentile's Kaleidoscopic poetic universe (An Italian & American Artist) as Charles Giuliano justly defines it, unless the fundamental phases of his Italian academic education and subsequent American creative influences are not explored. …..
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 68.0" x 68.0"
- Oil and Wax on Canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.