Piece description from the artist
I have been making art using memories and feelings from dreams and my life and childhood. Turtles, fish and other natural images continue to inspire me. As a 12 year old I used to wade into a waist deep swamp pond near my home in St. Louis to collect newts, frog eggs, glass larvae and fairy shrimps and to study the biological life. That pond has since been drained to be part of a housing development. This image is made from acrylic crackle paste, paint, gels and glazes with a printed photo image of a walleye on an acrylic skin. The floating pigments and gray white transparent acrylic bloom create shapes reminiscent of microbial and planktonic life in lakes and oceans. I have always felt at one with nature and the universe when swimming in oceans and lakes and wading waist deep in swamps and want to share my feelings in these images.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 7.0" x 5.0"
- Acrylic with printed Photo Skin on Canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.