Volunteer Park Koi #4
Piece description from the artist
There's this incredible park not far from my home in Seattle. At Volunteer Park you'll find a Conservatory and the Seattle Asian Art Museum, of course. Plus, there are all sorts of walking paths, gardens, a kids wading pool, playgrounds, benches, and sculptures. My kids love it. I especially love the lily ponds that are in front of the art museum. They are teeming with koi fish. This is a series of paintings focused on the fish I observed there. This painting is full of vibrant colors and interesting, contrasting textures. To give this painting the feeling of movement, I engraved the background with a pattern of deep grooves, which are reminiscent of the carefully groomed sand found at Japanese gardens. To enhance the variety of textures, I've painted the fish onto a textured specialty paper which is affixed to the background. The fish are full of life, painted with brilliant cadmium yellows, oranges and reds.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 18.0" x 24.0"
- Acrylic and collage on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.