Volunteer Park Koi #3
Piece description from the artist
Located near where I live in Seattle, Volunteer Park is an wonderful place. There's a Conservatory and the Seattle Asian Art Museum, of course. Plus, there are all sorts of walking paths, gardens, a kids wading pool, playgrounds, benches, and sculptures. My kids love it. I especially love the lily ponds that are in front of the art museum. They are teeming with koi fish. This painting is one of several paintings in a series focused on the fish I observed there. The background of the painting is full of vibrant colors and interesting texture, and embossed with deep grooves that are reminiscent of the patterns you might find etched in sand at a Japanese garden. I've incorporated a collage technique, and painted the fish onto a textured specialty paper which is affixed to the background. The fish have bold colors, with silver and iridescent highlights.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 18.0" x 24.0"
- Arylic and paper on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.