USKC Beam Particles
Piece description from the artist
Union Station Kansas City is America's second-largest train station, after Grand Central Terminal in New York. In the early days of Kansas City's station the huge building had no air conditioning and windows were wide open in the summertime. Lots of dust from the city wafted in. Steam engines huffed and puffed airborne particles into the interior, and lots of passengers and visitors smoked. Consequently, it was a common occurence to see beam particles of sunlight streaming across the enormous Grand Hall. After the restoration was completed in 1999, air conditioning and a sophisticated air scrubbing system was installed. Windows were sealed shut, the station was buttoned up tight, and the phenomenon of particles in the air bouncing around on sunbeams was hardly seen again. Until some unusual occurrence like an indoor barbeque event or, as in this case, an unfortunate fire at one of the station's restaurants. No one was harmed in the fire and it was quickly extinguished. But I was able to catch a glimpse of what it must have looked like back in the day.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 11.0" x 16.0"
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.