Piece description from the artist
I actually had a tough time coming up with something to say about this image beyond the title. I called it "Unzipping" for obvious reasons. And my goal in shooting it was very simple – I thought the graphic nature of the line of the zipper and the metal teeth coming undone would make for a very cool high contrast minimalist photograph. Beyond that, what was there to say?
But after a bit of reflection, I thought the zipper could represent the undoing of civility and respect in our communities. It could also represent the opening of our minds to alternate realities. Or perhaps, if you turn things around, it could be symbolic of the coming together of two opposite sides to create a strong partnership.
While all those interpretations of the photo are valid, in reality, not every image I create has a deeper meaning, at least at the beginning. Sometimes, I just thought it was cool.
Day 298 of my 365 photo a day project.
Copyright 2016 Scott Norris Photography
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 40.0" x 20.0"
- Photograph on Metal
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.