Piece description from the artist
My most recent body of artwork deals with the use of repetition, optical illusions, abstraction, and mark making. They have an abstract quality to them (though are not necessarily abstract) and almost always contain the motif of a circle, or another geometric shape. My medium of choice is printmaking, though recently I have been doing some incredible experiments with collage work, as well as drawing. I have also been working in alternative photography processes, particularly cyanotype, and using the process as a means of fine art instead of photography and creating beautiful one-of-a-kind works of abstraction. I have been showing my work in galleries and exhibitions since two thousand and seven and have had over fifty shows, nine of them solo, several publications and multiple awards, including best artwork and people's choice awards. My work has been shown primarily throughout the United States in Michigan but has also appeared in Chicago, New York, Seattle, Kansas, Arizona, Philadelphia, and North Carolina, as well as internationally in Canada, England, Colombia, Australia, Japan, China, Wales and Malaysia. I also have many of my prints and paintings in personal, private and permanent collections throughout Michigan, as well as in Chicago, Philadelphia, Seattle, Toronto, Boston and at the Detroit Institute of Arts Department of Prints and Drawings. My work is also in international collections in Derbeyshire, England, the Chengdu Academy of Fine Art in Sichuan, China, the Hambis Printmaking Museum in Cyprus and the Museum of Modern Art in Wales (among others).
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 20.0" x 29.0"
- Silkscreen on cut paper, collage
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.