Piece description from the artist
The construction of the painting is a set of playful experiments in the viscoelastic properties of acrylic gel and liquid media. These media dry transparent and can be tinted with transparent paint colors, rendered translucent with opaque and semi-opaque colors, swirled, extruded, and poured over one another in various stages of drying. A wide range of layered and intertwined transparent patterns can be generated, with an incredible depth of color.
Gel medium was extruded through fine round, fancy ruffled and multi hole nozzles using a pastry bag. The medium was lightly tinted. When extruded it forms shining light manipulating ribbons and nests of "acrylic vermicelli", which can be obscured by a tinted clear film layer or piled up to create crazy clear gelid textures on the canvas.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 18.0"
- Acrylic on Canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.