Piece description from the artist
One of the most common legends among American Indians is that of the Twin Heroes. The basics of the story is that a pregnant woman is murdered. The murder is sometimes portrayed a monster, sometimes a person – it varies from one version to another. After murdering the woman, the killer cuts the boys from her womb, leaves one in the dwelling, and throws the other outside. The father returns and raises the one left inside to be civilized. He usually goes by the name Lodge Boy, but other names include By-The-Door, Village Boy, and Dore. Meanwhile, while the other grows up in the wild, and his name is Thrown-Away, but he is also known as Wahredua, Wild Boy and Spring Boy among others. Eventually, the father and Lodge Boy catch and partially tame Thrown-Away. The two boys then have various adventures together with personalities mirroring their upbringings.
I got the idea to depict this twins while doing research into Native American folklore. Their stories appear quite often, and I find it amazing how many there are and how different each one is.
I created this image using digital techniques.
Thanks for looking!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 60.0" x 37.5"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.