The Wreck Of The Edmund Fitzgerald
Piece description from the artist
There is a ferry that crosses over Lake Michigan between Muskegon and Milwaukee during the summer months from May to October. On the observation deck, the wind was so powerful that small children could lean into the force of it at 45 degree angle and not fall over.
I was simply awestruck at the power and scale of this body of water. Moreover, I have never seen a clearer blue. Almost electric.
It is very rare that you are able to see and experience water at a vantage point that allows you to express depth of field. On top of this, it is very difficult to create depth of field in any sort of tangible fashion without utilizing some variable of a warm to cool palette. The problem that this creates is that any colors on the warmer side of the palette will inevitably push the palette towards greens in the foreground which I did not want to happen.
To counter this, I used purples in the foreground to act as the warmer side of the palette and still maintain that electric quality. Unnatural colors to create a natural visual experience. The title is because I like Gordon Lightfoot.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 56.0" x 48.0"
- Oil on Linen
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.