The White Stag
Piece description from the artist
White deer are actually just red deer that suffer from a genetic condition called leucism which reduces the amount of pigment in their hair. They do, however, play a large part in the myths and legends of many cultures. For instance, the ancient Celts believed that the White Stag would be spotted in a region where some taboo was being violated. Also, in Arthurian legend, it was a creature that no hunter could ever capture or kill. Christians associate the White Stag with Saint Eustace, a Roman general who converted to Christianity after seeing a vision of Jesus while hunting a white stag.
Another name for a stag is a hart. Numerous inns and taverns are called The White Hart. They will usually use the image of a White Stag on their signage.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 40.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.