Piece description from the artist
Growing up near the beach in Southern California and doing my undergraduate studies in San Diego, I spent a good chunk of my life at the beach and have watched waves for as long as I can remember. I even wrote and sang a song at my Bat Mitzvah aptly titled 'The Waves of the Ocean' which I sang off key while strumming a beat up guitar and playing the only two chords I knew at that time. It was not a high point of my rock and roll career.
As a painter of seascapes, I now not only love watching waves but I really love studying them. Waves have patterns and once you see those patterns, you can never un-see them. For this painting, I zoomed in on a section of a wave where it was cresting. The crest is the part of the wave right before it begins to unfold. It's where you can often see bits, pieces or swaths of foam. Depending on the light and time of day, sections of the foam are often in shadow while other areas are hit with light. I love to observe and study where the light and dark foam intersect and enjoy capturing that magic in my paintings.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 8.0" x 8.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.