The Red Hat
Piece description from the artist
"The Red Hat" Original impressionist landscape oil painting by Hilary J. England
Materials:oil on Belgian linen canvas
Dimensions: 8" x 11"
This is an original work of art done en plein air in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. I saw a young woman in the park with a giant red hat, which just screamed for attention, yet she seemed uncomfortable with both the hat and the day in general. When she turned her back to me, I got to studying her hat and her silhouette against the bright, hazy blue sky, and thought: without seeing her face, the mystery of her story is very intriguing. She can have so many things, either positive or negative, that are affecting her, and yet, with her back against the plane of vision, and her face to the sky, she is an enigma.
She could have heaven or hell seething in her eyes, she could have just won the lottery, or gotten a break-up e-mail from her boyfriend…we never know what is happening in the privacy behind the curtain or veil of our faces. So, I painted the red hat.
You can read more about me and my artwork, my exhibitions and my travels at:
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 11.0" x 8.0"
- oil on Belgian linen canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.