Piece description from the artist
The sight of trees starting to leaf out heralds the end of Winter and the beginning of Spring. "The Herald" is one of my "tree of Life" paintings, and is in the second series of Tree of Life" works, focusing more on the emotional, social and psychological significance of trees and on networks of vegetation. It is in many ways a painting within a painting. The background landscape is boldly expressive and painted in a textured impasto style with grainy media, raking, wash effects and traditional painting. It could function alone as a compelling painting. In the foreground is a lone tree created by sculpting string and paper in layers using a special acrylic stiffening medium. The string and paper elements in the trunk and branches are wound and looped around each other. From far away the effect is a three dimensional textured tree. up close the illusion dissolves into a complex and fascinating tangle of knots, loops, materials and textures. The fiber media have a natural curvilinear quality which is echoes in painted branches and leaves, melding the background and foreground ideas.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 36.0" x 36.0"
- Acrylic with stiffened paper and string on canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.