Piece description from the artist
This piece to me is wonderful! It was created on the shiny side of kirkland photo paper. When ink interacts with this side of the paper it doesn’t flow as easily as it does on the other side, which is what I typically use. Interestingly, when you do try to get some interesting shapes you can add alcohol one time and it creates this illusion of depth. But if you keep playing with the color it leaves a sort of stain look behind, which I did not want in this one. The shapes I created here is not what I was initially going for but what I got is better than what I had planned. This looks like something subterranean. It also looks like something created from rock with water erosion. But it’s blue. So … maybe a mineral of some sort? There are incredibly beautiful mineral deposits in the Colorado Rocky Mountains. These are ancient mountains and you just never know what you’ll find once up into the mountains and away from normal trails and away from other people. Going off trail is often dangerous too. These mountains are wild and remote. It’s not for the average joe to just wander off trail. Thanks for taking time to read this and for looking at my art. It’s greatly appreciated!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 11.0" x 8.5"
- alcohol ink
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.