Piece description from the artist
I finished this piece just days before David Bowie passed away. I’ve always been heavily influenced by music, and I doubt there are many people who haven’t been touched in some way by the bold individuality and screaming talent of that man. Titled in honor of one of the most colorful people to grace our planet this century, Stardust features a colorful night scene of San Francisco. Rainbows reflect off wet streets and the Transamerica building winks in the distance. This image was taken initially during a rare summer storm. My mom, grandma and I were “tourists” for the day. Usually I drive as the person in my family most comfortable and experienced with driving in San Francisco, but this time I was able to talk mom into taking the wheel for a bit so I could be a passenger. That led to this image, in which my arm is just barely visible in the car’s side mirror among water droplets. I left it in as a way of saying “I was here”… I think all artists contemplate their existence, impact and potential legacy. Losing so many musical greats this year has certainly made me wonder if anyone will enjoy my art one day after I’m gone.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 36.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.