Lights of Santiago
Piece description from the artist
St. Mary’s as well as other artworks by brut carniollus are essentially photography based digital collages re-constructing de-constructed real-life landscapes, mostly urban. The central theme is unidirectional as well as omni-directional vision and synchronicity, an attempt at analytical re-exposition of unconscious elements of human vision. The very essence of perceiving time as an irreversible progression of time, as well as the notion of solid space is being questioned. Time and space, position and direction are no longer separate entities; different moments in time and several views of the same or even multiple places are being recombined into what seems to be an abstraction at first sight. The remaining few recognisable details lure active spectator to examine delusive construct only to discover more and more familiar fragments with every glimpse, complementing completed construction of the artwork with creative deconstruction and reconstruction of the viewing process. On the other hand, when the resulting artwork appears to be just another photograph, it almost certainly isn't, provoking the viewer to discover the plot behind it. Artworks are executed as limited edition large format digital UV prints.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 48.0" x 36.0"
- limited edition digital UV print on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.