Piece description from the artist
One of the challenges of shooting Spring flowers is trying to create something unique so that the blossom stands out from the millions of other flower photographs that out there. And really that should be the goal of any artist – to stand out from the crowd. To create something from the soul that will draw the viewer in and reveal a little about what goes on in your mind and heart. To that end, I’m certainly not always successful (that is an understatement) but that is the goal.
So today while just outside my office window, playing in the back with my son, I spotted this tiny white flower in an otherwise mostly plant-free area. I thought it would need to be a macro shot and most likely need to be focus-stacked to ensure the majority of the blossom was sharp. But the dirt and leaves in the background were distracting, even with the narrow depth of field, and the flower was gently swaying in the breeze making focusing difficult.
Then it struck me the flower would have more impact isolated on a bright white background. It’s kind of counter-intuitive – white on white. But the shadows, the slight kiss of magenta on the petals, the yellow, orange, and green of the center, and the negative space created by the simple background, would make the flower simply pop!
Day 216 of my 365 photo a day project.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 16.0"
- Photograph on Metal
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.