Spirit through the Trees
Piece description from the artist
This painting is of a beautiful grove of London Plane trees in Prospect Park, near the Lincoln Statue and Music Island. These trees are some of the original trees in the park, putting them at 150 years old or more. This is not a long time in a certain sense, but in the landscape of the United States, it is fairly old.
The trees shed their bark, producing a camouflage like pattern that you can't miss. In fact, the London Plane was a favorite tree of the infamous NYC Parks Commissioner Robert Moses. It currently comprises roughly 14% of all street trees in New York!
These trees were planted fairly close to each other for such large old trees. But I noticed they will not grow into each other, almost as if they know a friend is nearby—they must communicate somehow! Because of this they grow outward, forming a whalebone like structure that reminds me of a cathedral.
I wanted to paint the sunlight coming through the tree canopy, hence "Spirit in the Air." This is one of my favorite areas of Prospect Park.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 48.0" x 36.0"
- oil on canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.