Piece description from the artist
'Snow Melt' is a very abstracted reinvented landscape. The piece is reinvented because of experimental features that push the boundaries of landscape painting past abstraction. For example, the use of various coarse media such as alumina, large mica flake, and coarse sand create the features of the landscape. Some of the sketched black line details are also thermochromic, causing them to disappear in a warm room and reappear in a cold room. The effect is subtle, gradual, and reversible. This piece is one of my first experiments in making changeable fine art using thermochromic pigment. If you are interested in the original, please arrange through Turning Art to see pictures of the warm and cool states. If you are in Massachusetts, we can demonstrate the subtle morphing at your home or place of work.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 18.0" x 24.0"
- acrylic with thermochromic pigments, alumina, sand and mica on sealed hardwood panel
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.