Piece description from the artist
The Willis Tower in Chicago is arguably still and forever known as Sears Tower (despite a name change in 2009 as part of a leasing agreement). This 108-story 1,451 foot tall super tower designed by the super team behind the John Hancock Center, Bruce Graham & Fazlur Kahn, this building opened in 1973 as the Tallest Building in the World – a distinction held for over 25 years until the Burj Khalifa opened in Dubai. It was then the tallest building in North America until One World Trade Center topped out at 1,761 feet in 2013., but remains the tallest superstructure in the Chicago skyline. The Skydeck observation level opened in 1974 but has undergone several remodels including the recent addition of The Ledge in 2009 and a gift shop and cafe, Skydeck Marketplace, in 2011. The building utilized a revolutionary frame system known as Bundled Tube engineered by the great Fazlur Khan, which is still used by super towers today to climb to greater and greater heights. United Airlines moved their headquarters into 20 floors of the building in 2013 and another name change is not out of the question. Featured in The Dark Knight and Ferris Bueller's Day Off, it most recently appeared in the film Jupiter Ascending starring Channing Tatum & Mila Kunis.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 11.0" x 17.0"
- Digital Photography
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.