Sand and Water
Piece description from the artist
With the state of current affairs in our world today, the need to unplug, get outside, forget about everything, and just be in nature is paramount. This shot was me doing just that. I wanted to create something that was peaceful and calm, yet also had a dark moody undertone that reflected the nature of the human race.
We are all so different, yet we are also all created equal. Of all the unknowns in our world, I do know this: we are born, we live, and we die. You have a choice on how you live. Choose wisely.
The title of this photograph comes from a song by Beth Nielson Chapman in which she deals with the death of a spouse and acknowledges her own mortality.
"All alone, I came into the world
All alone, I will someday die
Solid stone is just sand and water, baby
Sand and water, and a million years gone by"
—Beth Nielson Chapman, Sand and Water
Day 45 of 365
Image copyright 2015 Scott Norris Photography
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 16.0"
- Photograph on Canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.