Piece description from the artist
This red sky was captured in Craig, Colorado right at off Yampa street. You may be wondering, if your from Craig, why I didn't make it look more like town. Well the answer is, I just wanted to focus purely on the sunset and trees rather than put telephone poles, stop lights, and side walks. I can't help myself, but this scene reminds me of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I feel so deeply that this world was given to us to experience pain, joy, fear, excitement, sorrow, and peace. With all these differing emotions floating about, one can often be left confused. As I see nature, both in rural and urban places, I feel true peace. I feel as though things make more sense to me. With each sunset its like the great God who created us is smiling, waving His gentle hand to say, "keep going, you can make it. Keep trying, your worth the fight". This sunset seemed an expression of love from an all knowing creator. I believe that a Savior, provides us with the only way to come back to this loving creator, our father. The red is a symbol of this Saviors love and sacrifice. While the black is a symbol of our existence. Please don't misinterpret, I don't believe we are black, sinful beings with no hope for anything. But I do believe this life can be dark at times, and it is the light of Christ that seems to make our darkness make sense, and seemingly beautiful. In art you need darkness and light to create works of art. It is the same in life. A wise person once said, "if your struggling, keep struggling", which means keep fighting.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 12.0"
- Oil on Canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.