Reach For The Stars
Piece description from the artist
It was a sunny day in Jamaica; I sat on my veranda (porch) gazing into the heavens. My mind racing with ideas of landing on the surface of mars, I was now a hero, my name would be remembered forever. I had just watched a show on T.V. that covered the first moon landing, that was the first time I heard the name Neil Armstrong. For me it represented the pinnacle of human ingenuity it set a new bar for what we could achieve. As I got older and reality set in, and my passions changed I slowly abandoned my visions of grandeur of leaving the planet earth for a once in a lifetime adventure. However the ideas remained with me to this day, reach for the stars, set your mind to goal and never stop till you achieve it. For when that moment arrives you will have no regrets. When I heard the news of Neil Armstrong’s passing, it affected me. I realized that one of childhood idols had passed; it was not just about a celebrity passing or about showing shock and sadness to show face and appear to be in the know. For me it was a realization that the torch had passed, our generation must leave something behind. I decided to work on this art piece as a tribute to one of my heroes as well as a reminder to me that anything is possible. Rest In Peace Neil Armstrong.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 33.0" x 17.0"
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.