Prospect Park Inlet
Plein Air painting in a nice nook in Prospect Park. It was far away from others and the smell of BBQ was in the air.
The impressionists were on my mind, and how the invention of lead tubes for paint allowed them to work directly in nature and attempt to document the experience.
I was focusing on a shoreline clogged thick with phragmites, an invasive plant. Invasive species are a problem in many areas, but what makes something invasive? Is it the plant's fault or is it the fault of our relationship to it? How can we encourage a better relationship to these plants? Phragmites have changed the shoreline of the water body in Prospect Park, regardless of the wishes of Olmsted and Vaux, the designers, or the current landscape managers.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 12.0"
- Oil on Canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.