Prospect Park Blossoms
Piece description from the artist
Spring time is a fresh start of youthful rejuvenation, new every year. It is amazing when the trees blossom and do their "tree thing."
Prospect Park has been a constant source of inspiration for me. In this particular piece, I was aiming to paint something I felt was impossible to paint. The overlap and repetition of the blossoms almost defied strict representation. There is no way to paint every single blossom, every single leaf, every single branch. You have to find a way to paint the essence of a tree without painting everything. The second hardest aspect of this painting was matching the red / pink color of the flowers. I didn't expect to have trouble with that.
I included a runner, as this magnolia tree is along side the top of the largest hill along the running course in Prospect Park.
I didn't know it was a magnolia tree when I painted it. At the time I didn't know the difference between magnolia trees and cherry trees, so in a way I painted my way into knowing about them. Now I recognize that the blossoms appear earlier each year by a week or so. In 2017, the magnolias barely had a proper blossoming due to warm weather in the winter. Is it possible that a fully blossoming magnolia tree can become a rarity in the future? I hope that is not the case.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 12.0"
- Oil on Canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.