Prickly Pear Cactus
Piece description from the artist
Like many people, I am guilty of stereotyping Texas. I envisioned cows and cowboys, horses, tumbleweed, and cacti coexisting in a hot, dry desert climate. Upon my first visit to the Lone Star State over twenty years ago, I realized how sorely wrong I was! Yes, Texas has all those stereotypes. I didn't realize, though, that Texas has everything else as well: beaches, rivers, forests, mountains, and yes, desert-like areas. I also didn't realize the abundance of this vast piece of land. Many of those spiny cacti with the occasional, gorgeous yellow blooms are prickly pears. Despite those painful spines on their paddles, prickly pears are food! Both the paddles and the pear-like red (sometimes yellow, sometimes green) fruit are edible and enjoyed in many cuisines—TexMex, Mexican, Latin, Spanish, AND Mediterranean—and they are delicious. For such a "lowly" plant, what marvelous bounty and beauty it provides!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 16.0" x 20.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.