Piece description from the artist
Sakura Pigma "micron" ultrafine line felt tip pen with pigment-based archival ink on "artboard" a rigid archival acid-free paper impregnated with polymer. 8 × 10 inch original.
A creative artist's rendition of polymer crystallization from the melt or concentrated solution. The triangles are crystal growth modifiers. Chemical recognition helps them "stick" selectively to certain sides (faces) of the growing chain folded polymer crystallites. This works best if the small molecule modifiers do not themselves for huge honkin' crystals (technical term!) via epitaxial growth.I tried to include some new chain folded polymer nuclei forming epitaxially on the original crystallites, hinting at the structure of polymer spherulites and other polycrystalline microstructures. I also included some waxy/oily plasticizers.
Since this is meant as Science-informed art and not as a technical diagram, scientific information considerations were balances against the aesthetics of a good drawing. For example, nature abhors a vacuum. Nature and her entropic henchmen (hench-functions?) also avoid any strong or sharp density fluctuations. In a really good technical diagram, a much more uniform density of line would help portray a low-moderate variation in density. However a page full of end to end equally spaced squiggly lines would make a pretty boring drawing.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 10.0" x 8.0"
- Ink on paper
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.