Plastiglomerate: Cross Section 2
Piece description from the artist
Katie Loesel’s current work uses abstraction and color to explore ideas of geological history, microscopic surfaces, and rocky formations. Her interest in human influence on climate change and plastic as a distinct marker of our current era play into the shapes and forms. Plastiglomerate is a new type of rock formation that has been proposed as a geological marker of our current epoch, the Anthropocene, created from a mixture of natural and sedimentary elements fused by plastic from the ocean. The horror and intrigue from this distinctly human interference inspires the shape, form, and color that meld together through layers in the artwork. The appearance of these objects in the work are strangely playful, yet expose our flaws as creators of this plastic virus that is becoming layered into our history. The subjects in the artwork develop and grow in complexity throughout the process of making and layering and range from simple, overlapping shapes, to complicated structures.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 15.0" x 22.0"
- Carborundum Collograph and Monoprint with Akua Inks AP 1/1
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.