Piece description from the artist
Ping was so much fun to create. I was beginning to fall asleep one night and this image popped into my head, or rather, it formed from beginning to end as I was going from wakefulness to that in between place where you’re not awake but not totally asleep either. I decided to write it down as soon as I began to wake from this one. I knew if I didn’t, I would forget it by morning. Just like it never happened. I wrote out in words then drew a quick sketch in a drawing book I have by my side of the bed. The next day I decided to see if I could recreate what I saw. I started off with one color and then layered up additional ink colors on top of the previous one. From there I used an airbrush to blow each petal or spike out into different directions. This part took several hours. I then took a micro-brush to pull out additional details around the tips for variation and interest. You can never totally control what alcohol ink is going to do. If you have something specific in mind, then you better be prepared for one of two things: disappointment or something completely different that you never intended. However, I was determined on this one. Alcohol ink is not the boss of me! I worked and worked with this it until it was nearly exactly what I had in mind. I had to restart many times. But I got it! Once that happened I then took a posca paint pen and drew in the center of a flower. I used light and dark so it would look like there is true depth and light pinging off the center bits. The name for this one came about by the fact that it ‘pinged’ into my mind as I was falling asleep. Thanks for reading and looking at this one. It is very much appreciated!
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 11.0" x 8.5"
- Alcohol Ink
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.