Perpendicular Parallels #7
Piece description from the artist
Limited Edition of 2 + 1 Artist Proof, C-Print Archival Print face-mounted to acrylic panel by Finishing Concepts, Los Angeles. The face-mounting process involves a permanently smooth fusion of the print and acrylic. By using a special adhesive, an airtight bond is created with no air bubbles, fixing the print with its front side to the back of the UV-resistant sheet of acrylic. Any light reflections between the photograph and the glazing of an ordinary frame is eliminated, thus increasing image sharpness, contrast and color saturation. The brilliant and intense look is supported by a protective back layer which is attached to a recessed back frame which serves as a spacer between the image and the wall, providing the impression of the photograph to be hanging in the air. No additional framing is necessary.
“Perpendicular Parallels #7” is part of Field-Sells’ dry panel series which included several months of preparation. 5×5″ art panels were hand brushed with several layers of metallic acrylic, then graphite enamel or photo-irridescent liquid is applied on top. The panels are light treated over several hours with strong UV bulbs. Once the piece is complete, Field-Sells photographs the panels in specific lighting environments that adjust the texture and color of the piece. This final work is presented as a C-Print Photograph Face-mounted to Acrylic Panel, in a limited edition of 2 + 1 Artist Proof, while the original art panels are either destroyed or reused for new works.
“Perpendicular Parallels #7” is part of a larger series which explore calculated geometric forms above naturally textured organic planes.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 72.0" x 48.0"
- C-Print Archival Print face-mounted to acrylic panel by Finishing Concepts, Los Angeles
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.