Percolation on a Lattice
Piece description from the artist
I’ve spent a lot of time illustrating technical concepts for publication. In these illustrations there is always a compromise between simply and accurately illustrating a difficult concept and the creation of a striking and beautiful image. For technical illustration accurate concept and simplicity take priority. There are, however, the illustrations of my dreams. In one sense there are the dreamlike qualities of the abstract images I paint. In another sense there are images that would only pass muster as technical illustrations in the lands of my wildest dreams. Percolation on a Lattice is an illustration of my dreams. Percolation in physics describes the point at which a bunch of clustered objects grow completely interconnected and inter-related. It’s an important concept in colloids and biophysics, but it pops up everywhere. This is how I dream of portraying that concept.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 24.0" x 20.0"
- oil on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.