One Tree Island
Piece description from the artist
In a flooded world, one tiny island remains, alone amongst an endless sea. Waves crash against it, yet it withstands the ocean's assault. On it, a few rocks lay among a bit of grass and one solitary very gnarled old oak tree. Upon one of the rocks sits a tiny grey Persian cat looking up at the puffy clouds that drift lazily through the sky. It would likely be quite lonely, but perhaps the cat enjoys the solitude (I have a couple of Persians and they can be a bit antisocial at times).
Though it comes off as some sort of global warming/environmentalist statement warning, this really was little more than doodle I began just before going on my beach vacation. The ocean being predominantly on my mind, this artwork started out as a seascape with some cumulonimbus clouds, but that was a bit dull. I decided to add a beach and I could not find a shoreline that worked for me so it turned into a unique rocky little island. I added the little cat as more of an afterthought.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 72.0" x 45.0"
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.