Piece description from the artist
OLDSMOBILE is the final painting in the CHASSIS Series. This painting is dedicated to a moment in time. It was 1966 and we were once again cruising "E" Street in San Bernardino, CA. As we were driving North in the bad, black '57 Chevy Bel Air, we felt confident we could take just about any and all challengers. Up next to us comes a beat up and dirty, big, heavy '55 Super 88 Oldsmobile with a 324 Rocket V8. This will be a cake walk we thought. He is to heavy to race. Heading North and picking up speed into to maybe the 50 mph range, we flew through the neighbor hoods. The guy in the Oldsmobile stayed next to us and just smiled. Flying past Marshall Blvd. up around Little Mountain we were now going East on Kendall Drive and picking up speed to 80mph Then it happened. I think the saying is "he just walked away from us". All we saw were his tail lights at around 100 mph plus, like greased lightening. Nobody in our car said a word, but we knew something absolutely phenomenal just happened. It was clear he came from another planet and then was forever gone.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 40.0"
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.