Newtown Shipping Dock
Piece description from the artist
The act of painting, for me, begins with the observance of beauty in nature, which compels me to represent a version of what I see. The subjects I choose may not be conventionally beautiful, but they nevertheless inspire me; the light, the color, the shape, as well as the subject itself and my relation to it, all influence my choice.
Most of the scenes depicted in my work are from my neighborhood, or places I pass by in every day life. When I walk through the city, it amazes me how at any moment one can encounter beauty in an elevated train or empty lot.
When inspired, I take a number of reference photos. In the studio, I draw on the photos, taking the best elements of each and combining them into my chosen composition. Once underway, the painting process becomes a kind of active meditation, a super-awareness of the subject in front of me, and of the image being created. Upon entering into the process and learning more about what the painting needs to be, changes often become necessary. Additions and subtractions, as well as adjustments to perspective, are made.
The final work depicts the original subject as seen over hours of observation, and filtered through hours of reflection. The final piece typically is not an exact representation of the original subject that inspired it, but rather captures my feeling about the subject and hopefully a portion of the beauty or quality of the original subject.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 10.0" x 8.0"
- India Ink on paper
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.