My Dream: Why Destroy...
Piece description from the artist
This painting is inspired by a recent dream…looks like a nightmare. At first, I really did not know what scripture went with my dream. Ezekiel 9:9-11. The dream woke me up. It was not a pretty dream. I saw Middle Eastern buildings on the left and right of me. In front of me was blood flowing forward as if it was going over a waterfall. Then a skeleton head arose, facing me on the other side in front of the flowing blood. The right side of the skull was charred. Then a scroll of words went from my right to the left behind the skull but in font of a large object or a building in the background. The words were "Why destroy the very substance that awakens you?" This haunted me and I redrew what I saw several times. There was a disaster in Iraq the night of my dream, where over 120 people were killed when Al Qaeda reclaimed the second largest city in Iraq. I thought maybe this occurrence had to do with my dream. This started my studies/research and my pastor told me to go to Ezekiel and look up dry bones. My husband said the blood is the covering. A friend said it may relate to chemical warfare. During my studies, I was very emotional and could hardly read Ezekiel 37 without tears flowing. It is about Ezekiel's vision/prophecy, about resurrection and restoration. It think it is also about God leading me to my purpose…spiritual paintings to reach others. I am on a new journey in art.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 21.0" x 13.0"
- Soft Chalk Pastels on Suede Board
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.