Morning Has Broken
Piece description from the artist
This painting is professionally framed in a 2" warm silver frame with conservation glass and backing
I retired from my day job of 35 years in 2018 and decided that 2019 was going to be my year of travel. I started planning trips with my husband, with my girlfriends, and by myself. What started as a few weeks here and there became 24 weeks of adventure, much to my husband's chagrin. But I held on tight to my mantra, 'there's no time like the present,' packed my bags and I was off!
The only downside to all the travel was that I didn't have much time, if any, to paint between trips. I was actually on so many different time zones at some points that I often woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't remember what state or continent I was in! So when I landed in Nantucket as an Artist in Residence, I was coming directly from the Dominican Republic. I didn't even have time to wash my clothes and repack. I can tell you now that shorts, t-shirts and flip flops are not ideal in Nantucket in early April. This painting is the result of a collaboration between the two islands. The seaside landscape is Nantucket and the ethereal water and sky are from the Caribbean and that is the story behind "Morning Has Broken."
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 8.0" x 8.0"
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.