I have always been drawn to the human form. I am fascinated by the instant connection it creates between the subject and the viewer. No matter who that viewer may be there is a connection. The visual presence of the human form is a very powerful image. It speaks to everyone and we certainly feel the same emotions from one time to another. With my work I try to create a dialog between subject and viewer. Whether it may be through a certain mood or even a look. I want to intrigue the viewer. I want the viewer to wonder who this person is, what they are thinking, and what is going on in the painting. I am really looking to create works that draw the viewer in and entice them to figure out the meaning, or better yet create their own.
Most of my work is done from imagination. I certainly use references for the figure, but there is a time when I turn away from references and let my imagination take over. I think that this process gives the work a certain quality that I am looking for.
I mainly work with oil paints, as I love the sculptural nature of the medium; the mysterious colors that arrive unannounced, the sense of control and yet at the same time an element of unpredictability.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the paper, not the printed images. There is a 2’’ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Framing Available. Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 36.0" x 54.0"
- Oil on canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.