“Hope deferred makes the heart sick; but a Longing Fulfilled is a tree of Life.” Proverbs13:12
My heart has been heavy for sometime, for children who are victims of child sex-trafficking. With my own eyes I’ve seen children sitting on the street longing for security and safety. I’ve walked by the brothels and cried, as I knew what was behind those closed doors. Their hope wanes and her heart grows sick. Will anyone ever come to set them free?
In this painting, I wanted to portray this lack of hope but at the same time I wanted the throes of despair to be conquered.
On the palm of God’s hand are written his promises He offers to this little girl. He offers the keys of HOPE to us. We are the ones who can set her free. Though she can’t see the promises through her despair, they remain true and will be delivered to her when the keys are activated. There are three keys, two lay in God’s hand; they are Supernatural Love and the Power of the Holy Spirit. They are held on a red ribbon for two very important reasons; There is an ancient Asian proverb: “An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstances. The thread may stretch or tangle but will never break.” These children are destined to meet the Deliverer. They are tied to God’s heart by the blood of Jesus that covers their hurt and shame.
The third key is offered on a string from Heaven. It is for the church and is the key of Pure Religion. These three keys fit the keyhole to her heart perfectly. They must all be used in sync with one another.
The word Hope was written as the under painting of this piece. Unknown to me, upon starting the painting, I had turned it upside down. I was distraught at first thinking I should start over, but as the verse of “hope deferred” kept popping in my heart, I realized it was supposed to be that way. Hope is still there, though her world may appear to be upside down.
Last, but not least, I put wonderful shimmering metallic colors into her hair to symbolize the glory of God that she carries. She will one day know the Love of the Father and the beautiful daughter that she is.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 30.0" x 22.0"
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.