Piece description from the artist
The brownstones in my neighborhood are beautiful. I'm fascinated by the interactions between the street trees and the buildings themselves. The trees dapple the light while the architecture structures it.
7000 Oaks is one my favorite pieces by Joseph Beuys, and I feel like the relationship between street trees and the brownstones they stand in front of echoes some of the aspects of that work. The trees grow, as they do, and mark the passage of time for those that dwell within and maintain the houses. The trees are clocks and records for those that live near them.
I frequently walk these blocks with the 311 app on my phone. I look for empty spaces in the sidewalks where I can click through to request a new street tree.
When we choose to live with trees, they can become the platform for intergenerational dialogue. I paint them as a way to think through these magnificent organisms and our relationship to them.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 20.0" x 24.0"
- Oil on Canvas
Unfortunately, the original of this work is not available. However, one of our friendly Personal Curators can reach out to the artist to see if they’d be interested in a commission. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.