A couple of years ago I felt the impulse to challenge myself by painting again and began doing small landscapes and still lifes. I soon discovered the daily painting movement where artists produce a small painting each day and post it on their website. While I never attempted to create seven paintings a week I did benefit from the discipline of painting on a frequent basis. By working small, I was able to take risks that I never would have taken with larger pieces. Likewise, it was easy to abandon a painting that just wasn’t working and move forward with a new one. My overarching goal has been to become a better craftsman without diminishing the poetry.
I never tire of visiting Lighthouse Beach in Chatham, Massachusetts. Not only does the beach change depending on the light but it also physically changes from year to year. One year a sandbar is clearly visible, the next it’s gone. This painting was an attempt to capture the mood of the beach at a specific time of day, in specific weather conditions. In addition to oil paint, a thick layer of wax (encaustic) gives the piece a physical presence.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 12.0" x 12.0"
- Oil and acrylic on wood panel
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.