Piece description from the artist
Lake Point Tower is a 70-story high-rise residential building located in the area known as Streeterville. It’s situated on a promontory of the Lake Michigan lakefront, and is the only skyscraper downtown east of Lake Shore Drive. The architects were John Heinrich and George Schipporeit, working under the firm name of Schipporeit and Heinrich, protégés of Ludwig Mies van der Rohe. The building was completed in 1968 at a total height of 645 feet, and was the tallest apartment building in the world. It was one of the first all-electric high-rise residential buildings, and the first in a major city to have its own park-including a pool, duck pond, and waterfalls. On the top sits Cité, a fine dining restaurant serving up 360° views of Chicago, which serves French/American cuisine and is open to the public. Famous resident have included Sammy Sosa, Scottie Pippin, Alice Cooper, Goldie Hawn, Kurt Russell, Mickey Rooney & Joakim Noah.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 20.0" x 16.0"
- Digital Photograph
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.