Piece description from the artist
Jones' latest series of triangulated paintings pays tribute to a new way of viewing the portrait. Her work begins… not in the digital and not in the physical, but in the mix that our minds make of the two. Portraiture has been around since the beginning of time as testaments of power and status. Today you can own your own portrait as kings and queens did back in the day. Angie's geometrical portraits are modern abstractions representing our 8-bit, computer generated counter culture. In spite of the stuffy painted faces of the Renaissance, these portraits shift from an academic approach to portrait painting and embrace a modern take to representation. Thus, the title for the series "About-Face." Jones is creating something new, from something old and making it new again. In DFA's words " Too old to be new, too new to be classic."Using abstraction and complex color theories, Jones reinvents what a portrait is and can be. Influenced by the genres of Abstract Expressionism, Fauvist Painting, and Post-Impressionism, she mixes these with my modern day sitters. The subjects are all friends and art comrades, mostly living at the Brewery Arts Complex where Angie lives and works. The photograph also gives her the freedom to reinterpret the image. Her 20 year career in Visual Effects, Video Games and Animation inspires the "peak shift" palette and abstraction of persona through paint.
More About This Print
- Our high-quality giclee prints are produced on a proprietary material carefully selected for its ability to display rich, vibrant colors, capture subtle detail, and remain crinkle-free. Limited Edition of 100.
- The giclee print sizes shown here measure the outer dimensions of the frame, not the print. There is a 2″ border around the image on each print for matting and framing.
- Our minimal, black frames are made of a natural, recycled material that won’t warp or dent like solid wood. Each frame comes with a custom 4 ply, white mat.
More About This Print
- Each canvas print is gallery-wrapped and stretched on 1.5’’ stretcher bars with a semi-gloss finish. Limited Edition of 100.
- The print sizes quoted above measure the outer dimensions of the stretched canvas print and the printed image spans the full dimensions quoted.
- Framing currently unavailable. All canvases are printed with mirror imaging along the 1.5’’ stretcher profile for a polished, unframed display.
Buy original artwork and support today's working artists.
- 36.0" x 48.0"
- Oil on Canvas
Need some help? One of our friendly Personal Curators can answer all of your questions. Get in touch.
TurningArt members enjoy fresh art at home for less than the cost of going to a movie each month.